DALLAS, September 4, 2018, (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Rocky Mountain High Brands, Inc.(OTCQB: RMHB), a fully reporting lifestylebrand management company specializing in high-quality health and wellness products, announced today that on August 30, 2018, the District Court for Dallas County, Texas (the “Court”) entered a final judgment and order in the Company’s favor and against Jerry Grisaffi (“Grisaffi”) in the case entitled Rocky Mountain High Brands, Inc. f/k/a Republic of Texas Brands, Inc. v. Jerry Grisaffi, et al; Case Number DC-17-15441.
In that case, the Company had been seeking the return of Series A Preferred Stock (“Series A”) issued to Grisaffi, the former Chairman of the Board, and common stock issued to certain other defendants or later obtained by certain other defendants for little or no consideration paid to the Company. The Company alleged, among other things, that Grisaffi breached his fiduciary duty to the Company by issuing the Series A preferred shares to himself and by issuing common stock to himself and others. The Company had been seeking to void the Indemnification and Release Agreement (“Indemnification”) between the Company and Grisaffi that was executed in June 2017.
Previously, on August 3, 2018, the Court entered an order dismissing Grisaffi’s derivative claims in the case.
Under the Court’s Default Judgment:
- The Court entered a monetary judgment against Grisaffi and in favor of the Company in the amount of $3,500,000 for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and conversion with respect to the Series A preferred stock.
- The Court declared that the Employment Agreement with Grisaffi dated April 1, 2013 was void ab initio and unenforceable, and that all stock and promissory notes issued in connection with the Employment Agreement were also void ab initio and of no force and effect, including but not limited to:
- The 1,000,000 shares of Series A Preferred Stock issued to Grisaffi;
- The Convertible Promissory Note issued to Grisaffi in the principal amount of $184,300 dated April 1, 2016; and
- The Convertible Promissory Note issued to Grisaffi in the principal amount of $200,150.20 dated June 19, 2017.
- The Court declared that Grisaffi’s sale of the Series A Preferred Stock to LSW Holdings, LLC was made with actual intent to hinder, delay, or defraud creditors and was thus a fraudulent transfer under Texas law.
- The Court declared that the issuance of 10,000,000 shares of common stock to Lily Li and the 11,000,000 shares of common stock issued to Epic One Group, LLC were made without lawful consideration, and constituted breaches of fiduciary duty by Grisaffi.
- The Court declared that an Indemnification was procured through fraud and breach of fiduciary duty and is therefore void and unenforceable.
- The Court ruled that Grisaffi shall take nothing by his counterclaims in the case.
Finally, the Court ruled that the Company’s continuing claims against the other defendants in the case are to be severed and docketed under a separate cause of action and case number. The judgment and order entered August 30, 2018 concludes our litigation in district court as against Grisaffi.
The Company will continue to pursue its claims against the other defendants in the case.
The Company filed a Form 8-K on August 31, 2018. To view the file, click on the link below:
About Rocky Mountain High Brands:
ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH BRANDS, INC., (RMHB) is a publicly-traded, lifestyle brand management company that markets “good for you” products to health-conscious consumers.
We are committed to empowering, motivating and inspiring healthy lifestyle habits that create a positive impact on everyday people. We reach those people with our brand messages and change people’s lives with our products. Our products inspire people to choose wellness and healthy lifestyles.
Our mission is to help people live more productive and healthier lives.
The Company currently markets a lineup of two naturally flavored hemp-infused functional beverages under the name Rocky Mountain High. RMHBalso bottles and distributes a naturally high alkaline spring water under the name Eagle Spirit Spring Water. In March 2018, the Company launched its HEMPdproduct line, which currently consists ofCBD-infused topicals and nutraceuticals. The Company will introduce a line of CBD-infused functional beverages in the fourth quarter. The Company recently acquired FitWhey, a unique water-based protein drink that is naturally sweetened, flavored and colored that combines the highest quality whey protein isolate with caffeine. RMHBcontinues to be innovative through R&D and bringing new products to market.
Our vision is to create and sell “good for you” products that touch people in fun, unique and relevant ways.
For interested investors, our stock symbol is RMHB.
For corporate information, please visit: RockyMountainHighBrands.com
Investors Hangout: http://investorshangout.com/Rocky-Mountain-High-Brands-Inc-RMHB-69150/
Investors Hangoutis the only authorized Investors blog page for Rocky Mountain High Brands, Inc.
Safe Harbor Act: This release includes forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995that involves risks and uncertainties including, but not limited to, the impact of competitive products, the ability to meet customer demand, the ability to manage growth, acquisitions of technology, equipment, or human resources, the effect of economic business conditions and the ability to attract and retain skilled personnel. The Company is not obligated to revise or update any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release.
Michael Welch, President and Chief Executive Officer
David Seeberger, Vice President and General Counsel
Phone: (972) 833-1585
Fax: (214) 593-5617